Please note that SecurityPuppy.com is a personal website. Any view or opinion expressed on this site is mine and does not reflect the opinion of any other organisation.
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address or information from which a person could deduce your identity.
2. My Principles
- Only the minimum amount of personal information should be collected and maintained; and
- Personal information you provide through any of the Services will not be shared to anyone unless required by law.
3. Personal Information SecurityPuppy.com Collects
I may collect and process personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to SecurityPuppy.com.
Specifically, the following personal information at a minimum will be collected, processed and transferred as set forth below:
- Email address;
- URLs and links to social media;
- Your profile photo (if enabled through Disqus); and
- Any information that you elect to provide or that SecurityPuppy.com may request.
4. What SecurityPuppy.com Does with Personal Information
Email. I use the personal information you provided to respond to your request - for example, to reply to your email. When you do so, your email address is sent to and stored through G Suite.
5. Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it's not SecurityPuppy.com's practice to disclose personal information to thid parties other that as made available on the Services. Except as otherwise set forth herein, I may share your personal information in the following instance:
6. Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
SecurityPuppy.com has implemented reasonable security measures for personal information that SecurityPuppy.com processes, transfers, stores and controls against unlawful access or destruction, in compliance with applicable law. If any data breach occurs, I will post a notice to the Websites and when required, personal notice to you if you have provided and I have maintained your email address.
7. Information from Cookies and Similar Technology
My service providers (for example, Google Analytics and Disqus) and I may collect information using cookies or similar technologies for the purposes described above and below. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your computer or other Internet access device. Cookies may enable us to personalize your experience on the Services, maintain a persistent session, passively collect demographic information about your computer, and monitor advertisements and other activities. The Websites may use different kinds of cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage).
8. Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information We Process and Collected
9. No Linking
I do not intentionally link browsing information to the personal information you submit to us. I use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. SecurityPuppy.com may use a third party analytics provider (for example, Google Analytics) to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing and site usage information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
10. No Selling or Sharing
11. Data Retention
My service provider (for example, Google Analytics and Disqus) and I may, but are not obligated to, retain certain data in connection with routine information technology backups and for archival purposes.
The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. I will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to SecurityPuppy.com through the Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
14. Third-Party Sites
15. Data Transfer
If you are accessing or using the Services in regions with laws governing data collection, processing, transfer and use, please note that SecurityPuppy.com may transfer your information to servers in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
Effective Date: 22 January 2020
A. List of Third-Party Services SecurityPuppy.com Uses
- Cloudflare, DNS hosting provider
- Disqus, comment hosting provider
- G Suite, email hosting provider
- Google Analytics, web analytics
- Netlify, web hosting provider
- Report URI, policy reporting provider
This License Policy explains the license regarding your use of the content listed at SecurityPuppy.com, a personal website.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Except where otherwise noted, code samples on this site is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
If you have questions about this License Policy, please contact me by email at .
This Comment Policy explains the regulation regarding the comment you posted on any of the post at SecurityPuppy.com, a personal website. Comments are welcomed and encouraged on SecurityPuppy.com. SecurityPuppy.com strive to create an open, engaging and friendly environment, where you will feel comfortable sharing your problems and questions.
2. What SecurityPuppy.com Expects
SecurityPuppy.com expects that your comments posted on any post in this Site follows this guideline:
- Comments must stay on topic with the post
- Comments must be nice and respectful
- Comments must respect the privacy of others
- Comments must not contain any personal attacks
- Comments must not contain any profanity
- Comments must not contain any advertisements or spam
- Comments must not break any laws
- Avatars you use should be appropriate
SecurityPuppy.com reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to SecurityPuppy.com without notice. You are invited to flag any comments you consider to be in violation of this Comment Policy for further moderation.
4. Changes and Updates to this Comment Policy
I may occasionally update this Comment Policy. When I do, I will revise the Effective Date below. I encourage you to periodically review this Comment Policy.
If you have any questions about this Comment Policy, please contact me by email at .
Effective Date: 1 June 2018
This certificate policy, which governs how I sign files and PGP keys, is only available in signed PDF format. Please note that this policy concerns my Primary PGP with primary key fingerprint
A19807CE3472EADE98BF030EEEB1D3AF8CF1C236, my GitHub Signing PGP key with fingerprint
16D77EBF86E5DA6A1FE2F0B21F16639C2A37BEF8 and my DocuSign-issued signature with the first 16-bit of customer ID
Effective Date: 1 October 2019